This year, in no particular order:
- I wrote a few pieces I was happy with.
- I learnt how to swim.
- Our family lost two patriarchs. The spaces they’ve left behind are canyons.
- I was pregnant for a little while. I was sad about losing the person I could have become but thankful that hope survives.
- I graduated with an MA in Creative Writing from Rhodes University.
- A short story I wrote won the 2014 Writivism award in Uganda.
- I’m beginning to feel a bit like I know what I’m doing.
- We traveled (and are still travelling) through Southeast Asia. Here be the instagrams.
- I have seen some really beautiful things.
- There were two months out of this year where I kind of just plodded along.
- I dyed my hair a shade of blond.
- I lost weight and picked it all up again during those two months of non-presence. But I’m okay with that. Health is still the end goal.
- I sold the car I’ve been driving ever since I got my license.
- I am better at accepting criticism.
- I have found the book I want to write.
Yay for swimming! And everything else. Fantastic pics too. Here’s to a healthy and productive (and happy) 2015! 🙂
???? a true gem u r Sal
This piece set my day alight. (postscript: i am not on instagram but looked at the amazing photographs of your year thanks to your link…my highlight was seeing your munched whole cucumber…because I have done that…and still do lol)
Tales of the bizarre…